Saturday, November 29, 2008

...That Lovin' Feelin'

I went to JoAnn today in search of fun Christmas decorating things and stuff for gifts (yes, to make). Didn't quite turn out the way I was anticipating. I swear I walked in there all inspired to knit scarves, sew aprons, make a quilt or two. I left with not one item to accomplish any of those projects....unless you count black thread....nah, I just needed that because I didn't have any.

Something has happened to me (possibly still happening?). I got a few feet in that store and I was repulsed! The thought of making something...Oh my goodness, I think I broke out in hives! It was pretty shocking. I enjoy sewing, knitting, crafts but the thought of devoting some time to it is really something I am not feeling. I tried to force the feeling to come back. I walked up and down every aisle. I touched the fabrics. I felt the soft Angel yarn. I handled the trim and buttons. Nope, nothing there. I even thumbed through some knitting books....(just made me mad).

So, there I was wandering around like a lost soul with a basket full of wrapping paper. I bought a couple of things that obviously I didn't need because it escapes me right now what they were.

Really, bring back that Lovin' Feelin'....

No comments: