Saturday, January 24, 2009

Back down memory lane...

Last night I had the most fun that I have had in a long time. I saw classmates from middle school and freshman year of high school that I had not seen in ages. It was blast. Some people look like eerily the same, some have changed a lot, and some people's faces didn't look familiar at first glance, some of us didn't remember each other but after requisite "I didn't go to Whitaker, Benson, Madison...I went to..." then as soon as they said their name the recognition was there. It was great.

Funny how time just marches on but every now and then time slows down for just a moment so those caught in the stream of movement can concentrate on reflection of the past. Of a time when life was simpler, thoughts more innocent (or not...). As we get older, which is inevitable, we will get farther and farther from those days of youth. Though we seem to continually find ways to redefine what youth is and what is old, the inescapable truth is that we will continue our march on, but we can along the way stop and reflect to another time, collect those memories and carry them with us. Carpe Diem. Seize the Day!

No comments: