Sunday, November 29, 2009

The Perfect Thanksgiving II

Wow, another year, another Thanksgiving. This was a good one. Last year Perfect Thanksgiving 2008 I finally 'got it' and this year? Oh, I owned it! We had house guests, I hosted dinner this year, AGAIN. I was unsure how that would work since I worked late the day before. But somehow it was fine, It was organized and everything went off without a hitch. It was awesome and I was completely relaxed hanging with my family and enjoying every moment.  This year I am a mother-in-law...amazing.  It was quite surreal to have my son, his wife and granddaughter (and the twins who make their arrival in April). 

So I am constantly learning things about myself. So one thing is that I really enjoy having houseguests (ok, certain ones...the inlaws are the best ones!). I don't have to entertain them, I don't feel like my house has to be lick the floors clean or that the fridge should be stocked full of food. My house is large enough that we can have plenty of space and I can retreat to my own quarters when the 'Hostess with the Mostess' tank gets low.

Well, there is one more holiday left and I am sure we will have the opportunity to host someone. It will be the perfect opportunity to learn something else about myself.

No comments: