Sunday, November 30, 2014

A long time coming....back

March 12, 2014 I shut down.  My beloved Uncle Bobby (Rev. Robert Probasco Sr.) died that day.   It was not a surprise, I knew it was coming, yet when it happened it was devastating. He suffered so much the last months of his life and it was so hard to watch.   He was my trusted Pastor for over thirty years.  He was so instrumental in my life from childhood to adult, marriage, motherhood, spiritual development.  To lose him...I still find it hard to describe the absence of him in our lives.  So on that day I shut down.  Yes I still attended church, went to work, went about daily life, but I was numb inside. So many changes and transitions.  Adjustments to a new pastor, my best friend moving, professional challenges, personal issues,  I just went through the motions to survive.  But I'm back. I am ready for 2015 and am thankful for the tough times that have endured, because it has made me stronger!



No comments: