Thursday, September 17, 2009

What a Blessing....

Today my 2 1/2 granddaughter and I baked for the first time. We made chocolate chip cookies. She was amazing. She measured, poured, stirred and even scooped the dough onto the cookie sheet. It was messy. She sneezed, I'm pretty sure into the dough. One of the butterfly stickers that she had on her cheek fell into the flour. She ate the chocolate chips...and I busted her. I think I will remember this day the rest of my life.

There was a time when I didn't know if I would see my children graduate middle school. Now I am baking for the first time with my grandchild!! I mean really, what a blessing is that? I feel so incredibly favored right now.

I don't take it for granted though. I did absolutely nothing to deserve any of this. God sent his twins, Grace and Mercy, to me and that is why I am able to sit here healthy in mind, body and spirit and share this incredible moment with my grandchild.

I look so forward to many more moments. First sewing project, first knitting lesson. I look forward to creating memories and knowing that one day, at least it is my hope that Kamiyah will pass on the lessons that she has learned, just like I am passing them on to her from my grandmothers and she will say..."My grammy taught me how to do that".

No comments: