Sunday, March 28, 2010

Blah, blah, blah, yada, yada, yada

Okay, that title has nothing to do with what is on my mind...or maybe it does, aaah, I don't know.

I really have to get better at blogging what's on my mind when it comes to my mind.  What always happens is I don't get it down and then I loose it but know that I had something I wanted to share but for the life of me can't remember what it is.  Figures.  The story of my life sometimes.

So in a few weeks my first born child will be 24 years old.  24.  That's like almost 25, which is a quarter of a century! That my friends, is freaking amazing to me.  Ok, for one I don't feel my age ( ok, maybe some mornings I do, or when I go hang out with my crew and don't get enough rest the next day!)...I mean I am 40, almost 41  ( for all you who are trying to do the math right now, yes, I was 16 when I gave birth) I really usually feel like I am in some crazy time warp trying to figure what the hell just happened...What do mean I've been married 22 years???  Kids?  Grown? Married?  Grandchildren??  I'm still trying to figure out how to be a grown up!  Amazing that I managed to stay married to the same man all these years, have a career and raise two self suffiecient, responsible, civic minded men.  Wow.  I did that.  Me!!!

But the reality is, life is happening man!  It's happening right before my eyes.  While I am relatively content with my little world, I know there are places I want to go, things I want to experience... I have the freedome to do somethings, within reason for a married woman, I mean I probably won't be backpacking across Europe by myself, or spending 40 days in seclusion at a Tibetian Monastary, since I have others to take into consideration.  But there is a whole world of living yet to be lived out there!  I keep hearing that 40 is the new 25, however I have no desire to relive 25!  That would mean kids and responsibility for me.  No, 40 is the new 40 for me.  I feel good, look good and will have fun figuring out how to be that 40+ year old grown up, with the Husband in tow, kicking and screaming!

No comments: